Sunday, April 26, 2009

Out again


There's a controversy about a natural area not far from here: there are plans to strip mine it for gravel. It a beautiful area with wetlands, access to the river and much wildlife. The Woodbend neighborhood is fundraising and has asked me to donate a painting which I am happy to do.

This is the long preamble to the reason I was standing in a field yesterday, bundled up and painting. I thought I would get some material for a painting of the area. April is not the best time for color but I found a few interesting places and chose this field (out of the wind) for these studies.


No Trespassing , 8x10 oil on board

No Trespassing 2 5x7 oil on canvas

The background trees are much better in the second smaller version; all that mucking around with the first one taught me something. Always experimenting and learning!

No comments: