Monday, December 21, 2009

The 50 x 50 Challenge How it went...
















Slices III, II, I
Oil on canvas (framed in black)
3"x3"
$95.00 Cdn each


In the middle of reno's and full day classes, I decided I needed to paint 50 paintings in 50 days. Challenge equals fun in my dictionary!

Between classes, assignments, running to the Home Depot for the renovator, preparing the venue and confined to my kitchen, I managed to paint 49 paintings in 49 days!
On the 50th day I showed my 49 paintings at an unusual venue: the empty office space of a former paint factory. It was a fun space, full of natural light, and was generously loaned to me by the people at Cloverdale Paints.
The day of the show was the worst blizzard in 54 years and yet many people braved the elements to be there. I felt absolutely...how can I describe it...honoured, humbled and blessed almost covers it..when so many folks showed up!
At the request of those who absolutely couldn't dig themselves out, we held the show over a week later. Edmonton was the coldest place on the planet that weekend! I promise: no more art shows for awhile!

I have posted above three of the paintings that didn't find a forever home. They are Slices I, II, and III. (they are shown in reverse order...you know how my blogspot and I get along...I post the pictures and Blogspot puts them where it wants! Nice work, Blogsplot...I mean Blogspot)




























No comments: