Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finally....I'm back







These three Dog Portraits are commissioned portraits.
Casey, the German Shepherd, is a memorial painting; she died of a heart condition about a year ago. Her master lives in Germany and this portrait is travelling further afield than any of my pet portraits thus far. I am looking forward to commissions coming my way from all over the world and hearing the love stories from the pets' owners.
Kailey the Golden Retriever and Riley (whose pedigree is unknown to me) are cousins by adoption. Their owners are sisters and their Uncle Mike is giving the paintings to "Gramma". The photo of Kailey was taken in the winter and that of Riley was taken in the summer...I invented a lake for them to romp around. I hope they enjoy it!

2 comments:

Kristina Steinbring said...

Beautiful work! The light in your pet portraits is wonderful!

Susan Box said...

Thank you, Kristina!